Gold: A Significant Rally Begins? Stewart Thomson
Dec 27, 2016
- Gold may be in the first stage of a significant rally. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge.
- Gold has burst out of the short term down channel, and the recent action of the “smart money” commercial traders is very positive.
- Please click here now. This COT report for gold shows the commercial traders not only covering short positions in the latest reporting period, but also adding a nice number of longs!
- This is very encouraging news. Regardless, amateur gold enthusiasts need to buy dips and sell rallies, to mimic the smart money professional traders.
- On that note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge.
- Gold has already rallied about $25 from the $1125 area lows, and the commercial traders are almost certainly booking partial profits now. As the saying goes, the early bird gets the golden worm!
- I have been getting emails from some gold community investors who are worried that the Indian government is conducting a “war on gold”. To a degree, that’s true, but all governments tend to prefer debt and fiat to gold.
- Gold empowers citizens and debt and fiat money allow governments to present themselves as grandiose “people helpers”.
- Narendra Modi is India’s prime minister. In my professional opinion, he’s obsessed with turning India into what is really best described as a giant GDP growth factory.
- Individual freedom in India doesn’t seem very important to Modi. His focus is on achieving double digit GDP growth, and creating an enormous middle class.
- Modi clearly embraces the “end justifies the means mantra”, but I don’t think it’s negative for gold demand, except perhaps in the very short term.
- In the big picture, Modi’s actions are very supportive for higher gold demand. Simply put, as citizens get higher incomes, they buy more gold. Some is bought in the open market, and some is bought in the black market.
- The short term picture for India-focused gold investors is starting to look better as well. Please click here now. While nobody should celebrate before there is an actual duty cut, where there is smoke, there is fire.
- Modi looks like a hypocrite if he talks about reducing black money while keeping high gold import duty policies that promote smuggling. The upcoming February budget could see India’s finance ministry finally unveil a cut of the duty.
- Meantime, from a geopolitical perspective, tensions may be set to increase between Japan and China, with US debt being the catalyst.
- Some analysts note that Japan has now surpassed China, and is the largest holder of US T-bonds.
- The term “surpassed” is a bit misleading. To understand why that’s true, please click here now. Japan actually sold Treasuries recently, although China sold more.
- China and Japan have a longstanding dispute over a military issue that has never been resolved. I’m not concerned about Donald Trump causing a deterioration in US-China relations, but I’m very concerned that he could ignite a significant rise in China-Japan tensions. That’s good news for gold.
- A crash in the US stock market is possible early in 2017, and it could happen soon after Trump is inaugurated as president. That crash would create an institutional surge out of the US dollar, and into the yen and gold.
- That crash could cause Japan and China to sell even more Treasuries, as their stock markets would follow the US market.
- The current time frame may turn out to be the calm before a major 2017 global markets storm!
- Please click here now. With inflation starting to perk up while mine reserves dwindle, gold stocks are poised to become a highly sought after asset for the rest of this decade.
- On that note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. From both a fundamental and technical perspective, GDX looks superb. There’s a bull wedge in play, and the price is gapping higher in early morning trading.
- GDX looks set to make a beeline straight for $22. The bottom line is that there’s really no better way for a global community investor to start their day, than by watching gold stocks move higher!
Dec 27, 2016
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 26th May 2020
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my “ETFs Versus Individual Miners!” free report. I highlight the unique risks and rewards associated with key individual miners and ETFs, so investors can decide whether to own the miners, the ETFS, or both! I include buy/sell points of action for each item.
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: