Queen Gold Changes Horses In 2014
Dec 24, 2013
- As the year 2013 comes to a close, I think it’s wise to review some longer term charts. Please click here now. That’s a weekly gold chart, and there’s what I would term a “commodity-style” double bottom pattern in play.
- Commodity markets can create valid patterns that don’t quite meet the strict requirements of the Edwards and Magee handbook on technical analysis.
- Technical rules should be applied more loosely to commodity charts, because the use of leverage can distort price patterns.
- In the case of this weekly gold chart, the time period between the first bottom and the second potential bottom is a little bit too long, but I think the shape of the pattern makes it valid.
- A rise above $1434 ushers in a target of about $1680.
- Please click here now. That’s a view of large speculator liquidity flows in comex gold contracts, courtesy of sentimentrader. There’s a double bottom pattern in play that fits with the double pattern on the weekly chart.
- Just as the stock market tends to anticipate future economic news, the comex gold market liquidity flows can anticipate future gold market news.
- If gold begins to rise in 2014, would that be a simple short covering rally, or could the market be anticipating something bigger, like a Narendra Modi victory in the Indian election?
- The double bottom pattern seems to suggest that some key bullish news is coming soon, and an official return of India’s citizens to the gold market could create enough buying to push gold towards the $1680 target zone.
- Please click here now. That’s a quarterly bars chart that compares silver to the US T-bond.
- If gold and silver are transitioning from a Western-centric bull market to an Asian-centric bull era, then super-sized chart patterns should appear in these markets, and this appears to be the case with silver.
- This ratio chart shows a gigantic head and shoulders bottom pattern in play, and it suggests that in 2014 silver should begin to outperform the T-bond for many years, and potentially for decades.
- Note the action of the Stochastics indicator (14,3,3 series) at the bottom of the chart. Not all of the crossover buy signals have produced sizable moves in the silver price, but the overall track record of this indicator on the quarterly bars chart is very good.
- If growth is the dominant theme of the world’s economy in 2014, silver should perform better than gold, because of its significant use in industrial applications.
- If that growth combines with Japanese QE to create rising inflation, silver should also do well, and it could also outperform gold in that environment.
- Please click here now. This is a quarterly bars chart of the Dow. It covers more than a century of data. I would argue that the current institutional rush into the stock market resembles the public’s rush to buy, in the year 1929.
- The red trend line resistance that I’ve highlighted on the chart is strong, and there’s some frightening broadening price action in play.
- I have no idea if the Dow will crash in 2014, like it did in 1929, but I only buy significant price weakness, so I have no interest in joining these institutional “price chasers” as they buy.
- Many of them are using the savings of elderly pensioners, to buy a stock market that has risen nearly 200% percent from the lows of 2009. That’s a financial cocktail that value-oriented investors should avoid like the plague.
- Please click here now. This is a quarterly bars chart of the HUI index. The Stochastics indicator (14,3,3 series) is near the lows it hit in the year 2000, and the MACD (3,6,9 series) is beginning to turn up, and the histograms are rising.
- The action of the histograms is not confirming the new lows in price. If Chinese gold demand stays roughly where it is now, Indians import restrictions end, global growth rises, and Japanese inflation begins, gold stocks could have a very good year in 2014.
- Please click here now. This is a quarterly bars gold chart. Professional investors seek to minimize risk and mazimize reward. From a technical perspective, there is massive buy-side HSR (horizontal support and resistance) quite close to the current price.
- Whether the double bottom pattern on the weekly chart activates or fails, the fact is that gold is near three enormous support zones. It makes more sense to be a buyer than a seller when the price is so close to powerful buy-side HSR.
- As the year 2013 comes to a close, the Western super-crisis has entered a lull period, and an Asian citizen gold demand era began. It could be said that your “Queen Gold” jockey is changing horses in 2014. She’s moving from a Western racehorse… to an Asian Clydesdale. In the biggest picture, I think this means that Western precious metals investors are going to have their golden cake, and eat it too!
Dec 24, 2013
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 19th May 2020
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “Gold & Silver Junior Shotguns!” report. I highlight key junior miners set for magnificent upside action as gold bullion blasts above $1800. I include key tactics for each stock.
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: