Exciting Times: It's All About Gold Stewart Thomson
Dec 6, 2022
- The 2021-2025 war cycle is currently in a lull and oil is likely to determine what happens in 2023. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily oil price chart. An aesthetic right shoulder is forming now, and the target is about $94.
- Central bankers told citizens of the world that inflation would be transitory (wrong)…
- Now they claim that a few tiny rate hikes from the zero zone will fix the problem. Sadly, inflation can’t be fixed with these tiny rate hikes because it is caused by out-of-control government debt and spending, and by the macabre sanctions that are creating “here to stay” inflation in Europe.
- The US government’s meddling in Taiwan (while leaving 10 million blockaded Cubans to rot in America’s backyard) could create a new and much bigger wave of inflation when this meddling scheme inevitably goes awry. The bottom war cycle line:
- Exciting times lie ahead… and it’s all about gold!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge what is obviously the world’s most glorious chart. I urged over-allocated gold stock enthusiasts to trim positions on the rally into the neckline, and many did.
- The war cycle is big, but the empire transition cycle is vastly bigger, so it’s important that all gold market investors are properly positioned to manage their personal greed on rallies and fear on dips. If an investor isn’t really comfortable, they are unlikely to fare well.
- For another look at the gold chart, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. This futures market chart looks like Michelangelo carved it out of marble! Note the incredible action of the Fibonacci 618 moving average; it essentially defines the neckline of a majestic inverse H&S pattern.
- The price doesn’t need to decline to $1700-$1680 to complete the right shoulder, but if it happens, the chart quickly becomes even more aesthetic (and bullish) than it already is.
- What about stock and crypto markets? Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this SPY ETF chart. It could break out of the downtrend (temporarily) if enough investors convince themselves that the Fed will again act as their personal soup kitchen… but it’s a horrific chart.
- Please click here now. Even if the Fed does play “Soup Kitchen 2.0”, I have no interest in seeing investors buying the S&P500 with any size, let alone the Nasdaq… not with the CAPE ratio at 29.
- The value zone for the CAPE ratio is 10 and lower. The market bottomed at CAPE 15 in 2008, but only because of the enormous (and hideous) QE program launched by Ben Bernanke. Depressed stock market investors who think a buying opportunity like October 2008 is about to happen again, with the CAPE up in the clouds at 29… they are likely in for a nasty surprise.
- What’s more likely to happen is a brief lull in the Fed’s hiking program in 2023, then US government meddling in Taiwan goes “off the rails” in 2024, and new and much bigger waves of inflation crash into the shores of America, featuring oil roaring to $130, $170, and $200.
- I cover the big markets picture (especially gold!) 5-6 times a week in my flagship Galactic Updates newsletter with daily updates like this one. At $199/year, investors feel the price is too low, but I’m offering a $179/15mths “super special” that investors can use to get in on the action. Click this link to get the offer or send me an email and I’ll get you a payment link. Thanks!
- Crypto looks better than the stock market. On that note, please click here now. As a rule of thumb, litecoin tends to act like silver, meaning it tends to indicate major changes in trend for bitcoin and the entire crypto market. I bought at $7, sold into $100 and more into the blowoff highs of $250-$400. I’ve been a modest accumulator in the current base pattern (gulag?).
- The bottom line: Crypto has been dragged out of the private money “palace” (where gold is Queen), thrust into the stock market world, and paid the price. As the war cycle intensifies, crypto may resurrect itself as legitimate private money while the US stock market is annihilated.
- I will note that bitcoin was about flat in price action yesterday, while the stock market was smashed. Having said that, bitcoin is not gold and litecoin is not silver, so allocation to the sector should be modest.
- To view a key silver chart, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Silver has already surged above the inverse H&S pattern neckline, while gold has stalled there. That’s a bullish sign… for both gold and silver.
- Two big reports on the US side of the “price discovery pond” could keep silver range bound for the next week or so; first is the Dec 13 CPI (inflation) report, and then a key Fed announcement on rates comes the following day.
- I urged Western gold bugs to focus more on the real economy Chinese lockdowns pivot than a Fed soup kitchen pivot, and on cue the Chinese stock market has rocketed higher. Most gold bugs have little interest in buying the Chinese stock market, but they should be aware that a rising stock market there creates enormous celebratory buying of gold. It could be a very golden Chinese New Year if the current lockdowns pivot continues, and I’m projecting it will.
- The miners? Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. I’ve urged junior mine stock investors to be patience while the 24, 180 series moving averages remain on a sell for the CDNX. The good news is that a crossover buy signal looks as imminent as a rally from the current inverse H&S pattern’s right shoulder low!
- I’m also seeing a vast array of enormous spikes in volume… on literally dozens of CDNX-listed miners.
- For a solid look at the senior mining stocks, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this enticing GDX chart. While the rally could see GDX burst through the $30 ($1808 for gold) resistance zone right now, that’s unlikely.
- What’s more likely is a drift lower ahead of the CPI report and Fed announcement… a drift that gold bugs around the world need to buy. Then all that’s needed is to sit back and watch the gold stocks fly!
Dec 6, 2022
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 5th Dec 2023
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “Gold Stock Stocking Stuffers!” report. I highlight key GDXJ and CDNX stocks trading under $10 that can be bought this week! Solid buy and sell tactics are included in the report.
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: