Mid-East Change: Oil & Gold Rally CatalystStewart Thomson
Nov 24, 2015
- The case for gold ownership is not any weaker or stronger now, than it was a thousand years ago. Gold is the world’s ultimate asset, and that’s irrespective of whether the price is currently rising or falling.
- Currently, most commodity indexes are dominated by oil, and game-changing events in the mid-East region are poised to occur in 2016.
- Gold tends to track oil very closely. I expect oil to stage roughly a 50% - 100% rally from the 2015 lows, over the next 18 months. Here’s why:
- American politicians appear to realize they’ve been overly aggressive in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, and in the entire mid-East region. The US policy of regime change there has clearly been disastrous.
- As Western politicians begin to back away from that policy, a door is opening for Russian and Chinese politicians to become serious mid-East players.
- A number of powerful institutional analysts have the same view that I do. On that note, please click here now. Interviewed by Barron’s, Larry Jeddeloh predicts that an Iran-Saudi deal is coming, whereby Iran stops backing the anti-Saudi rebels in Yemen, and in return the House of Saud announces a major cut in oil production.
- Russia, Iran, and Saudi Arabia all want a higher oil price, and that deal would do it. I expect a deal will be signed in 2016, and create a major rally in oil and gold.
- Another huge beneficiary of this deal would be the country of Canada. While rest of the West focuses on economically useless programs like QE, the new Canadian government is poised to ramp up infrastructure spending.
- QE creates a drag on money velocity, by funnelling printed money into bank and government coffers. That forces elderly citizens to engage in dangerous risk taking with their savings.
- Until US banks are incentivized to make profitable loans with higher interest rates, America will continue to burn the savings of its elderly citizens, like burning rice paper in a “risk-on blast furnace”.
- Regardless of America’s chosen path, Canadian oil stocks should have a truly spectacular rally in the second half of 2016, and I’m an eager buyer, here and now.
- Historically, gold tends to rally after the Fed’s first rate hike, and the dollar tends to weaken. I’ve suggested throughout 2015, that gold could remain “generally soft”, until Janet Yellen pulls her rate hike trigger. If the first hike comes at the December 16th meeting, and I think it will, early January could see an institutional rotation out of general equities, and into gold stocks.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. That’s the daily gold chart. Note the beautiful technical action of my 14,7,7 Stochastics series oscillator, at the bottom of the chart.
- I refer to that oscillator as “Tony the Tiger”, and Tony is flashing a crossover buy signal now. Gold is firming nicely. A move above the 20 line by that oscillator, would be more good news for gold price enthusiasts.
- The most likely scenario for gold, in the short to intermediate term, is a double bottom pattern, ahead of the mid-December FOMC announcement.
- I think it’s important for the entire Western gold community to be open to the idea that in the mid-East, and in the global gold market, BRICS countries are going to fix what America broke.
- The Shanghai Gold Fix is coming within a few months. That will move more price discovery away from Western economic events, and towards Chindian jewellery demand versus mine supply. In early 2016, Chinese New Year celebrations could also add some serious zest to a post rate hike rally in gold.
- Please click here now. When all is said and done, India is the world’s main demand-side driver of the gold price.
- Mines are the main supply-side driver. New discoveries are becoming smaller, as gold-obsessed India begins to industrialize at a mind-boggling pace. In the next few years, while the rest of the world languishes in a QE-induced quagmire, Indian GDP could hit 10%.
- Jewellers are in expansion mode, refiners are racing to expand capacity and get LBMA certification, and the citizens are building more wealth, which they celebrate by demanding more gold.
- Also the media drama surrounding Indian gold monetization and paper gold bonds is over, and the surge in Indian refining of raw Dore gold is rightfully taking centre stage. There’s a shortage of Dore bars, and Indian refiners are eager to sign contracts with gold miners.
- On that note, please click here now. That’s the GDX daily chart. Gold stocks are staging a very interesting technical non-confirmation with gold bullion. Gold has moved decisively below its summer lows, while many gold stocks are well above their lows.
- Volume is also very positive; it’s been declining on price softness, and rising with price strength. Overall, there’s been a huge surge in volume in gold stocks since early July.
- The average American investors in the gold community have a lot on their plates. My suggestion is to stay focused on the relentless industrialization taking place in India, the shrinking mine supply, and on the highly significant non-confirmation taking place, between gold and gold stocks. Keep it simple. Stay focused on gold stocks more than the bullion, for a winning year in 2016.
Nov 24, 2015
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 15th Oct 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “GOAU Components Action!” report. I highlight the outperformers in the GOAU ETF, with key zones of action for each mighty stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: