Market Tactics For A Golden Smile Stewart Thomson
November 13, 2018
1. So far, the “traditional Thanksgiving rally” in the US stock market looks more like a rancid Thanksgiving turkey that belongs in the trash can.
2. Please click here now. Many investors appear to have bought the US stock market when it was peaking mainly because of their enthusiasm for President Trump. They forgot about the business cycle and the Fed and are now paying a heavy price for that folly.
3. Defensive stocks were mostly unchanged or higher yesterday, while growth stocks again sold off with a vengeance.
4. While the year-end rally may be “on the rocks”, it can still happen. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this Dow Industrials ETF chart.
5. There is a nice inverse H&S bottom pattern in play. It features a high right shoulder, which is quite positive.
6. Having said that, the market needs to begin rallying almost immediately. That’s because many institutional investors are beginning to get quite concerned about the horrific start to their predicted year-end rally. Further price weakness will only bring more concern.
7. What about gold? Well, gold has performed decently in the face of the stock market meltdown, but gold price discovery is mainly related to physical market demand.
8. That’s been decent in India, but a bit weak in China. The SPDR fund tonnage change is basically neutral.
9. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold demand in China will strengthen in December as preparations for Chinese New Year begin.
10. Unfortunately, the weak Chinese stock market will likely keep a damper on gold demand until then.
11. Please click here now. The price action in the gold market is really quite mundane. It’s a perfect reflection of current physical market demand versus supply.
12. Please click here now. Most consumers in the West don’t want to admit they are horrifically addicted to debt. It’s much easier to look for an external scapegoat like diligent gold-oriented Chinese savers.
13. Former Fed Chair Yellen “tells it like it is”. The good news is that the G20 meeting is just two weeks away, and there could be discussion of the dollar at that meeting.
14. Trump may cancel plans to impose more dollar-positive tariffs on China. He may also soon reverse some tariffs he imposed on Canada.
15. Global stock markets and gold could both rally if Trump throws in the white tariffs towel as I predict he will. A G20 statement about lowering the dollar could send the price of gold soaring.
16. In contrast, if nothing changes with tariffs or the dollar, gold is likely to simply muddle along until Chinese New Year demand takes “centre stage” for price discovery.
17. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this key GDX chart. There’s no question that GDX and most of its component stocks have performed admirably during the ongoing US stock market meltdown. Most analysts thought a stock market crash would produce horrific GDX crash. That didn’t happen. In fact, GDX rallied on many days that the stock market crashed.
18. Having said that, a daily chart H&S top pattern is now in play. The technical action is in sync with modest physical market demand for bullion that is a bit less than supply.
19. At my www.guswinger.com swing trade service, traders have been short GDX for about a week, and are now happily booking partial profits into the decline based on my key signals.
20. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this disappointing SIL chart.
21. With tariffs and US government and consumer debt worship putting upwards pressure on yields, the dollar, and the stock market, silver stocks are taking it on the chin.
22. Swing trading, put option insurance, and lots of Aussie miners in the portfolio… For most gold and silver stock enthusiasts, this is the most sensible approach to managing the current situation. A positive G20 meeting could turn things around for gold, silver, and stock markets, but at this point a positive outcome is anything but a “done deal”.
23. Please click here now. Double click to enlarge this fabulous Evolution Mining chart. Recent “Graceland System” buy and sell signals are highlighted. Evolution is now Australia’s number three gold producer. The price action is clearly outstanding, especially when compared to most North American miners (Barrick is a great exception that looks solid).
24. With a calm view of demand versus supply, some great swing trades, put option insurance, and a portfolio weighted with key Aussie players, most precious metals investors should now be sporting a decent golden smile!
Nov 13, 2018
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 15th Jan 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “Golden Sweet Spot” report. I highlight six gold stocks trading the $3 to $7 price range that give investors an ideal mix of managed risk and potentially enormous reward! I include key buy and sell points for each stock.
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: