Gold: A Week Of Pain & Then More Gain
Nov 7, 2023
- With war, debt, the dollar, and rates all in play as key drivers for gold, what’s next for the price?
- For some technical insight into the matter, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold became overbought two weeks ago as it once again approached the $2000 “line in the sand” zone, and it has been forming a H&S top since then.
- The top was almost eliminated with the post jobs report rally, but unfortunately that didn’t happen and last night the price broke through the neckline.
- The good news is that the current drop is likely forming a big right shoulder of a substantial inverse H&S bottom.
- The right shoulder low is most likely to occur around the $1930 zone… but it could be as high as $1950 or as low as $1900.
- It’s also likely to be violent and should be over within a week. From there, a multi-month rise to $2080, $2200, and $2480 is expected.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. A big H&S top for rates appears to be forming now. The bottom line:
- A substantial right shoulder low for gold is likely to correspond with the right shoulder high for rates.
- US rates and gold usually move inversely, except when extreme events are in play. The Gaza war saw both gold and rates surge but…
- Now that most of the shock of that event has subsided, gold is swooning hard on short-term rallies for rates, and not rallying much when rates do drop.
- In a nutshell, the rates/gold relationship is stabilizing… at least for now.
- Unfortunately, the hideous 2021-2025 war cycle still has 26 months remaining, so more horrifying events are likely to surprise almost everyone in both 2024 and 2025.
- These events are almost certainly going to be the next big upside drivers for gold.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. If the dollar can reach 106-107 on this DXY chart, gold likely makes its low at $1950-$1930…
- But a final push higher for the dollar is a potential scenario, and that could see gold bottom at $1900.
- The bottom line: The Fed isn’t “officially” done with its hikes until the end of the year… or at least until the Dec 13 Fed meet.
- So, the “hawk talk” from the Fed and Western gold market analysts is likely to continue until then. That would support the dollar and rates while keeping some pressure on gold.
- A consistent focus on the big picture is critical for gold and silver market investors. I cover that picture 5-6 times a week in updates just like this one, in my flagship Galactic Updates newsletter. At $199/year, investors feel the price is too low, and I’m doing a $179/15mths special offer that investors can use to get in on the winning action. Click this link to get the offer or send me an email and I’ll get you a payment link. Thanks!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Oil is soft, but traders appear to feel that’s partly because geopolitical tensions are dissipating…
- That means it’s not much of a tail wind for gold.
- Some gold bugs may wonder why the horror being experienced by the citizens of Gaza isn’t viewed as an increase in tension, but COMEX commercial traders appear to be focused on the potential for the war to spread to Iran.
- That has yet to happen, and if the mayhem is mainly just in Gaza, it’s no longer much of a driver for gold.
- What about the mines? Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this short-term GDX chart. There’s a beautiful multi-shouldered inverse H&S pattern in play.
- For a look at the daily chart, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Tuesdays are often a soft day for both the metals and mines. It’s possible that most of the second right shoulder forms today. In a nutshell, this pullback is just a brief nightmare; soon it will be morning and the miners will not only rise, but shine!
Nov 7, 2023
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 22nd Feb 2024
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “GOAU vs GDX: The Golden Hotties!” report. I highlight six “must own” GDX and GOAU component stocks to play the PCE report and Fed speaker surge for gold! Money making tactics for investors are included in the report.
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: