The Road Signs Point To $1250Stewart Thomson
Oct 13, 2015
- Is the US dollar still the most important safe haven for fiat enthusiasts?
- For the possible answer, please click here now. That’s the US dollar versus Japanese yen daily chart. The dollar collapsed in August, as global stock markets suffered a meltdown!
- Simply put, the yen acted as a safe haven during the stock market crash, and the dollar acted as a “risk on” asset. The dollar is now trading in a fairly large symmetrical triangle pattern, after breaking a key uptrend line.
- A bearish double top pattern also appears to be in play.
- Many large FOREX traders like to buy gold when the dollar falls against the yen. On that note, please click here now. That’s the daily gold chart, and it looks excellent.
- A full downside breakout would have targeted the $1000 area, but it didn’t happen. Instead, the move was to the upside. From here, a pullback to the $1130 area is easily possible, given the substantial rally that has occurred.
- That would put gold roughly at the apex of the beautiful triangle pattern. Please click here now. That’s a snapshot of the latest COT report. The banks are shorting some gold into this rally. Since the release of that report, gold has rallied again, and the banks have likely added a lot more short positions.
- Rather than waste energy trying to determine if the $1070 area is some sort of “ultimate low”, amateur gold investors need to calmly book some light profits into this decent rally, while cheering for higher prices!
- From the apex area, a surge to my technical target area of $1250 seems quite attainable, given the fundamental background of weak global equity markets, the PBOC’s new gold buy program, and surging demand in India.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. I predicted that the Shanghai Gold Exchange would not launch its gold price fix until late in 2015, and Reuters is suggesting that a new SGE chairman may be appointed very soon.
- It appears that the SGE gold fix is roughly on schedule. That’s phenomenal news for all gold enthusiasts. The new fix should help reduce the strange mini-crashes that often occur on the COMEX during the night.
- Gold is probably poised to begin trading with much greater stability and transparency than it has for many years, thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SGE team.
- Gold-related events in India are also very encouraging. Please click here now. Dore bar imports and refining are clearly being ramped up in a big way, and several refiners are working hard to become LBMA-certified.
- The cold reality of what I call the coming “bull era” is that most Western gold investors, including myself, got into gold for reasons related to the fear trade.
- Ironically, odds are high that love trade demand in Chindia is what ultimately drives gold to prices that enthusiastic fear traders only dream about.
- The fear trade will always play a key role in global gold price discovery, and geopolitical events in the Mid-East are the most likely catalyst for the next big price surge.
- The fear trade related to economics may be on the back burner for a while. Once US inflation and government entitlement problems become a serious concern for money managers, it will move to the front burner again.
- I predict that happens in 2017, as Chindian love trade demand begins to overwhelm mine supply. A perfect “gold price storm” to the upside is coming. For all good things, patience is required!
- In the meantime, with mine supply roughly unchanged, love trade demand and the PBOC buy program alone, should steadily push gold to higher levels that are sustained.
- Both GDX and GDXJ can likely trade at a new high, with gold only rising to about $1500. There are two reasons why this is possible.
- First, most gold mining companies are vastly “leaner and meaner” now, than they were several years ago. Second, steadily rising US inflation with a soft general stock market is highly attractive to large institutional money managers.
- For a look at the GDX daily chart, please click here now. Like gold bullion, gold stocks are overbought in the short term, and eager traders can book light profits now.
- There is an inverse head and shoulders bottom pattern in play, and the great news is that it may be morphing into a bigger one. To look at that possibility, please click here now. While a shallow pullback is probably preferred by most gold stock enthusiasts, GDX could decline to as low as $14, to carve out the right shoulder of this bullish pattern.
- If all plays out as I’m projecting, this year should end with GDX trading in the $18 to $19 price zone, poised to begin a fabulous year in 2016!
Oct 13, 2015
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 8th Oct 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “Silver Metal Rats Devour Fiat!” report. I highlight six of the best miners on the planet that are poised for massive upside action, with key buy and sell points of action for each stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: