Soaring Yields Terrify Stock Market Investors Stewart Thomson
Oct 9, 2018
- The incredibly positive price action of many gold stocks relative to bullion continues to occur on days when bullion falls hard against the dollar, and when the stock market gets hit. That’s impressive!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this key daily chart of GDX versus gold.
- There’s a fabulous inverse head & shoulders bottom in play.
- I coined the phrase, “safehavenization of gold stocks”. This is a developing theme in the West, where money velocity reverses, inflation rises, and corporate earnings growth fades.
- In this environment institutional money managers begin to move their focus away from growth stocks and towards value, defensive stocks, and finally to gold stocks.
- Please click here now. Corporate earnings are still incredibly strong, as I predicted they would be in 2018 in this stage of the business cycle.
- They are strong, and inflationary! The other main inflationary forces in the West are tariffs and a Fed policy that is pushing money into the commercial banking system.
- Like Jay Powell, I’ve cautioned investors that inflation from tariffs takes time to appear. Just because it’s not here yet doesn’t mean it isn’t coming, and more tariffs could set off major alarm bells amongst institutional money managers, analysts, and economists.
- Speaking of Jay Powell, please click here now. When I first began predicting a taper to zero, rate hikes, and quantitative tightening (QT), most gold market analysts thought QE to infinity was here to stay. They were dead wrong.
- Now, I’m warning those same analysts that Jay Powell is a rate hiking steamroller. He doesn’t “blink” just because a US stock market price chaser feels sad when the US market falls. In the face of peaking earnings and skyrocketing yields, the stock market is almost certainly in danger of suffering a major decline.
- Jay Powell is not going to stop hiking in the face of 20% corporate earnings growth this quarter. He’s not going to stop with rates and unemployment both still at historically low levels. He’s also not going to alter the QT program that Janet Yellen laid out for him years ago.
- I’ve warned investors that a 50basis point hike from the Fed is quite possible. The bottom line: There won’t be any blinking, except from investors who are blinking to wipe away tears as their stock market price chase is incinerated by rate hikes, inflation, a spiking trade deficit, and fading corporate earnings.
- The stock market game has changed for institutional money managers over the past week. With 20% corporate earnings growth, buying the US stock market for a traditional year-end rally with 20% was a “no-brainer” market play.
- Now, money managers are suddenly staring at the astonishing speed that interest rates on the US 10year government bond are rising and this is a major alarm bell ringing very loudly for them.
- My “bottom line” advice for all institutional money managers and retail investors: If you bet against the Fed you will lose.
- Please click here now. I predicted the ECB would follow the Fed, kill QE, and launch rate hikes and QT.
- It now appears that could happen even faster than I predicted it would! I’ve also predicted that euro hiking and QT would be followed in 2020 or 2021 by Japanese hiking and perhaps QT.
- “We expect gold to trade in a range between $1,200-1,350 for the year end. US dollar trades are getting crowded and US equities are trading at historical highs with stretched valuations…” – Robin Tsui, Street Street ETF gold strategist, October 8, 2018.
- With Chinese and Indian stock markets and currencies hit by US tariffs, the massive population there is beginning to position themselves in gold bullion and related ETFs in preparation for a topping process in US stock, bond, and equity markets.
- Please click here now. Tariffs have created a surge in the US trade deficit by driving investment money out of China.
- As the money exits, it's converted from yuan to dollars, putting upwards pressure on the dollar. In 1985 the US Treasury helped organize the Plaza Accord. That resulted in massive devaluation of the dollar.
- More tariffs are a near-certainty. Those tariffs are ultimately inflationary and put immediate upwards pressure on the dollar. As they are unveiled, they will cause another spike in the US trade deficit. This situation is of great concern to the US Treasury.
- It is happening as the head of the Fed calls the US government debt “unsustainable” in the long term. I’ve been emphatic that the US government can win the trade war with China and make its debt sustainable by devaluing the dollar. Quite simply, I’ve predicted this will happen, because it must happen.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily gold chart. Gold continues to majestically carve out the right side of a double bottom pattern. That pattern has a $1270 target price. That should be achieved easily as a tidal wave of forces are converging on the gold market right now. Chindian demand, tariffs, peaking US corporate earnings, QT, inflation, and many other gold-positive factors are all in play, all at the same time!
Oct 9, 2018
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 14th Jan 2020
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “Under Five & And Coming Alive!” report. I highlight a dozen key miners trading under the $5 price that are bursting up from base and continuation patterns, with key points of action for each stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: