Gold: Til Death Do Us Part
Sep 19, 2023
- It’s a big week for gold bugs of the world, with the next FED announcement on Wednesday, the BOE on Thursday, and the BOJ on Friday.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold was at $1620 when rates were 4.33% a year ago. Now, rates just hit 4.41%... and gold is at $1933!
- While it’s highly unlikely, gold could fall to $1620 again, and the big question is: Where would rates be if that were to happen?
- Well, the likely answer is not simply 5% or 6%, but 8%, 10%, or even 12%, with thousands of enraged American citizens staging riots over the stagflationary inferno.
- That anger would be accompanied by a gold buying frenzy and stock market incineration, pushing gold to $3000 and higher.
- The more likely scenario though, is that rates pause now… and they may be set to crash! On that note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily chart for 10year rates. A key reversal occurred yesterday. The bottom line: A medium-term top for rates may be in play and…
- That suggests a massive rally for gold is imminent.
- Also, a huge premium (about $125/oz at the peak) for the Chinese gold price occurred over the past few weeks. It was due to import restrictions that are being lifted now.
- What’s particularly interesting is that the lift is occurring as gold approaches the seasonally strong month of October and as COMEX commercial traders are unloading shorts and buying longs.
- Please click here now. The smart money commercial traders appear to be posturing themselves for some dovish action and statements from Jay.
- On a tactical note, leveraged gamblers often talk about the importance of not marrying a trade. That’s good advice when it comes to margined positions and the miners, but gold itself is a currency… and it’s the ultimate currency.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this long-term chart of the dollar’s abysmal performance against gold. Shakespeare likely wouldn’t take long to report that the US government and its ridiculous fiat is the ultimate comedy of errors.
- Clearly, it must be “death do us part”… when it comes to the magnificent marriage of gold bugs and their gold!
- A consistent focus on rates and other key big picture items is critical for investors. I cover the big picture 5-6 times a week in updates just like this one, in my flagship Galactic Updates newsletter. At $199/year, investors feel the price is too low, and I’m doing a $179/15mths special offer that investors can use to get in on the winning action. Click this link to get the offer or send me an email and I’ll get you a payment link. Thanks!
- Please click here now. Looking ahead, stagflation is clearly the biggest theme.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this fabulous oil price chart. A massive inverse H&S pattern with high right shouldering is the technical scenario in play. Oil market investors who took my $62 buy recommendation are sporting big smiles. Some profits can be booked as oil approaches $93 but...
- While electric cars will eventually overwhelm oil, a stagflation era is upon America, and $200 oil is becoming increasingly probable.
- Importantly, if oil keeps surging, Fed chief Jay may have to announce a revised floor for inflation and move it from 2% to 3% or even 4%.
- The Fed will have to raise rates much higher than where they are now, but real rates (nominal rates minus the government’s inflation number) could end up more negative than they were in the Great Depression!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this enticing gold chart. In the short-term, gold sports a condensed version of the oil chart, with a small inverse H&S pattern in play. Any pullback now would form a high right shoulder. The short-term targets are $1950 and then $1980.
- Gold stock bugs who haven’t experienced the 1970s joy of higher miners amid a US stock market wasteland should please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX vs QQQ divergence chart. On Friday, the stock market tumbled, and GDX surged higher. This is normal action when stagflation rules the roost, and it’s beginning to rule it now in most of the Western world.
- I’ve urged gold bugs of the West to jettison fears about a US stock market crash hurting their miners. A stock market crash is going to happen, but not likely until early 2024, and it could be linked to a new wave of inflation accompanied by feeble action from Jay.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this exciting GDX chart. The “MOMO” zone at 50 for Stochastics is shorthand for momentum and crossover buy signals that occur here are bullish.
- A collapse in rates would coincide with a surge to $1980 for gold (for starters). GDX would shoot above $30 and out of its bull wedge pattern… looking like an acrobat leaping for the sky on a golden trampoline!
Sep 19, 2023
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 26th Sep 2023
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “Rates Blowoff & CDNX Rocket Time!” report. I highlight key CDNX miners set to surge, with actionable buy and sell tactics for investors!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: