Gold & Silver: Jobs Report Tactics
Sep 2, 2014
- Gold has a rough general tendency to decline during the week leading up to the release of the US Employment Situation Report (jobs report).
- Following the release of that report (Friday at 8:30AM), gold tends to begin a decent minor or intermediate trend rally.
- Gold has exhibited this trading pattern for quite some time. It is likely to continue to do so, for the foreseeable future.
click here now. On this two hour bars chart for gold, I’ve highlighted the gold price action during the week leading up to the release of the August 1st jobs report. The minor trend decline is clear.
click here now. Here, I’ve highlighted the nice rally that began following the release of that report. The minor trend strength of the rally is clear.
- To view the current gold price action, please
click here now. The next jobs report is only a few days away, and gold is exhibiting a typical minor decline leading up to the release of the report. The minor trend decline is clear.
- It’s important that the Western gold community doesn’t confuse the jobs report trading pattern for gold, with the big picture for gold.
- The jobs report moves the price of gold in isolation from the big picture, and does so in a very minor way.
- Amateur investors that use leverage to invest in gold, will easily be frightened by the price action created by night time liquidity flows from funds and banks on the COMEX, particularly as the jobs report approaches.
- Many of the gold market sell-offs that precede the jobs report tend to begin around 2AM – 4AM New York time. Some gold community analysts have suggested that this is market manipulation that regulators should investigate on a trade by trade basis.
- Regardless of whether there should be an investigation or not, leveraged gold investors should “dial down” their use of leverage, so they don’t read more into the gold price action than is actually there. Gold can easily trade in the $1250 - $1260 range before the release of Friday’s jobs report, and investors need to be able to handle that price action, without breaking down emotionally.
click here now. That’s the daily bars chart for gold. Technically, gold appears to set to rally from around the time the September 5th jobs report is released.
- Is the rally likely to be a little one, or a big one? For the probable answer, please
click here now. That’s the weekly bars chart for gold. It’s clear that larger rallies tend to occur after the price stoker (14,7,7 Stochastics series) lead line has declined to the 10 area.
- It’s at about 38 now, which is a decent position, but one usually associated with minor trend rallies, rather than large intermediate trend movements.
- Fundamentally, there’s a lot of good news for gold. Gold is the world’s strongest asset, and it’s getting stronger with each passing day. Please
click here now. It appears that Chinese commercial bank holdings of gold have exceeded the gold held by the Chinese central bank, and their holdings appear to be accelerating.
- During the first half of 2014, Chinese gold demand was not spectacular, but it was decent, and it appears to be rising again.
- In India, ‘The April-June shortfall in the broadest measure of trade rose to $7.8 billion from $1.2 billion the previous quarter, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement yesterday. That’s lower than $21.8 billion a year earlier and amounts to 1.7 percent of gross domestic product. The RBI considers a deficit of 2.5 percent of GDP as sustainable. Gold imports surged 65 percent in June after the government allowed more banks and traders to buy bullion overseas. India is easing emergency measures taken when the deficit widened to an all-time high, as faster growth boosts inflows.“The deficit is getting easily financed,” Sonal Varma, chief economist at Nomura Holdings Inc. in Mumbai, said by phone. “As the economy grows, imports will grow, so there will be some widening in the current account deficit, but we don’t expect it to be above sustainable levels.”’ – Bloomberg News, September 2, 2014.
- The Indian central bank considers the current account deficit (CAD) to be sustainable at 2.5% of GDP. Oil imports are a much bigger contributor to the CAD than gold imports are, and oil has been declining, while the economy is starting to strengthen.
- In my professional opinion, India’s central bank should be in a position to lower interest rates, just as the Fed begins a tightening cycle. That should create massive institutional stock market liquidity flows out of America, and into India, which is phenomenal news for gold investors.
- If Western economy interest rates were eight percent now, their economies would make the Great Depression of the 1930s look like a super boom. Yet, despite an eight percent interest rate, the Indian economy is picking up steam, and could reach 6% GDP growth by the end of fiscal 2015, which is March 31, 2015.
- What happens to Indian GDP, if rates decline to 7%, 6%, or 5%? If it happens, Indian stock markets could look like Apollo rockets on steroids! The average Indian citizen’s favourite way to celebrate all good news… is to buy gold!
click here now. Many individual gold stocks have staged relentless rallies throughout the months of July and August, and ETFs like GDX are beginning to substantially outperform gold bullion. I expect the rally following the jobs report to show an acceleration of that trend.
- I often refer to silver bullion as “Queen Gold’s little brother”. I realize that many investors in the silver community are probably disappointed with the fresh minor trend lows being made by silver this morning, but my suggestion is to stay focused on the weekly chart stoker (14,3,3 Stochastics series).
- To do that, please
click here now. I don’t see anything on this chart that should worry a patient silver investor. The price stoker oscillator is close to reaching an oversold condition, that is typically associated with the launch of intermediate trend rallies! After the jobs report is released, I expect silver to bring some serious satisfaction, to all rally enthusiasts!
Sep 2, 2014
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 15th Oct 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “GOAU Components Action!” report. I highlight the outperformers in the GOAU ETF, with key zones of action for each mighty stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: