Gold & The Dollar: Rally Time For Both? Stewart Thomson
Jul 5, 2022
- It was a June swoon for the metals and miners. Can they fly in July?
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily gold chart. A double bottom pattern is in play. The initial target is about $1880, and a breakout over that price targets $2000!
- Next, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. From a technical perspective, both the daily and weekly charts look like it’s either “rally time” now or very soon.
- The fundamentals are also positive, and on that note, please click here now. Economists and money managers are growing concerned that central bank rate hikes will create recessions in many countries…
- And may do little to tame supply-themed inflation.
- Please click here now. The Atlanta Fed’s “GDP Now” chart suggests America is already in recession. I warned investors that this would happen as the Trump handouts during the Corona crisis got spent.
- The Biden “gun control” platform is mainly about spending tens of billions of dollars on a horrifying array of guns to prolong the Ukraine war.
- The sanctions are already turning the already-severe supply chain problems into a potential nightmare of food and fuel riots, and they could cause the starvation of tens or even hundreds of millions of African citizens.
- Please click here now. Led by “Jackboot Joe” Biden, Western governments have been bragging that wrecking the economy of Russia and ruining citizen lives there would be “awesome”.
- Now, the citizens of Western Europe are at risk of no heat in the winter and perhaps not enough food on the table.
- Please click here now. The Urkaine war horror reached a crescendo in the February to March period, and both gold and the USDX rallied together then… with gold as the leader.
- That’s likely about to happen again, as the Russian government begins to “return fire” in the proxy war that Western governments launched with their sanctions.
- Investor tactics: Hold lots of gold and lots of US fiat cash! My flagship GU newsletter gives investors the big picture for the major markets of gold, commodities, bonds, and the stock market, and holding lots of gold and cash is a major mantra of the letter. At $199/year, the value is outstanding, and I have a special offer this week of just $169/15mths! Click this link or send me an Email to get the special pricing. Thanks!
- As US GDP slides, is it possible that the Fed becomes a “chicken hawk”, and kills or reduces the aggressive hikes it has scheduled? Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. US rates are in a resistance zone and there’s a negative divergence of the RSI oscillator on this weekly 10year yield chart.
- The most likely scenario is that the Fed hikes into September as scheduled, but “blowback” from Russia with gas and oil creates much bigger supply-oriented inflation… one that Fed man Jay can’t fix with his hikes.
- Rather than the Fed turning chicken hawk, arbitrage brings down long-term rates modestly while the Fed Funds rate gets hiked. The bottom line:
- Credit card and mortgage rates will rise, hitting the average citizen hard, but US T-bond rates should decline, allowing more war mongering and reckless spending from the government to occur.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold bugs dream of a day when the Fed and the government lose control of the dollar, and it plummets into the abyss against gold.
- That’s likely several years away but it’s coming. Rates will skyrocket as it happens… and may not come down for many decades.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The XAU gold miners index is roughly at the same price it was when it started almost 40 years ago, while gold has risen to six times its $300/oz price.
- Clearly, a buy and hold approach is AOK for gold, and significantly “less than OK” for the miners.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX daily chart. Technically, Friday was a day of key reversals for an array of mining stocks. Note the strong position of RSI and Stochastics.
- All signs point to a rally beginning “about now” and lasting into late August or even September. The next Atlanta Fed update for US GDP is Thursday and the jobs report is Friday. US GDP for Q2 is likely to come in around minus 2% (or worse) and the jobs report could be shaky.
- Will Friday morning mark the official start of the summer rally for the miners? I think so. Investors eager to participate could use any day before Friday to get positioned… for some very enticing upside action!
Jul 5, 2022
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 9th Aug 2022
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free GOAU vs GDXJ components report. I highlight key component stocks of each ETF, with winning buy and sell tactics for each of them!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: