Gold Pauses At Key ResistanceStewart Thomson
June 28, 2016
- In a boxing ring, size must be respected. In the same ring, a heavyweight champion fighter tends to absolutely destroy a flyweight fighter. In the gold market, size must also be respected.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this fabulous GDX weekly chart.
- Trading volume size must be respected, and since late 2014 GDX volume has increased dramatically. In mid-2015, the already-huge volume size intensified, and even more so in 2016.
- There’s no question that the $27 area highs represent significant resistance for GDX, and a pause in the upside fun at this point in time is perfectly normal.
- Given the incredible value-oriented institutional enthusiasm about gold and gold stocks now, I’m very confident that any pause or pullback from $27 will occur on very light volume.
- Overall, from a technical perspective, GDX and most gold stocks are performing at an “A Grade” level.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this weekly gold chart. The $1320 area low of April 2013 is a significant hurdle for gold bullion, as is the May 2013 area of $1336.
- Gold bulls are battling the bears right now in this important price zone, just as gold stock bulls are battling gold stock bears in the $27 area in GDX.
- The bottom line is that on a weekly chart basis, gold must close above $1336 and GDX must close above $27.61 to open the door to another significant price advance for the precious metals sector.
- Do I think the bulls will succeed? Of course I do, but I’ll dare to suggest that in the Western gold community, emotions often run “hot”. Even a small pause or pullback in the price of gold and GDX can produce outright panic amongst investors.
- I’d like to see as many Western gold community “citizens” as possible move beyond that mindset, and take a more relaxed approach to their holdings of the ultimate asset.
- Institutional Brexit fears were large enough to push gold into the $1320 - $1336 resistance zone. Without more fears, gold will have a difficult time continuing its advance.
- Please click here now. COMEX margins are being increased, and that also adds weight to the idea that gold needs a rest.
- Also, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this important weekly gold chart that is priced in British pounds.
- Gold surged out of a beautiful bull flag pattern ahead of the Brexit, and made it to the 1000 GBP price zone, which is massive resistance.
- If the gargantuan love trade of China and India can come to the rescue of fear traders that are facing strong resistance at GDX $27, gold $1320, and gold 1000 BGP, any pullback now is likely to be mild and short-lived.
- On that note, please click here now. About 80% of India has now received monsoon rains. The Indian government’s weather expert track the monsoon’s movement, and I follow it daily.
- It’s clear that only the North-Western crop zones of India have yet to receive monsoon rainfall, and I expect that to happen over the next 14 days.
- As it becomes more evident that the upcoming harvest will be bountiful for India’s gold-obsessed farmers, banks and jewellers will loan the farmers money to buy gold for Diwali celebrations.
- Next, please click here now. After many months of sluggish action, China’s imports just surged!
- The Chinese government has recently endorsed higher deficit spending, and the citizens appear to be quickly responding with increased demand for gold.
- As love trade demand rises, any new fear trade event could cause an even more dramatic spike in the gold price than the Brexit did.
- In the current environment, institutional money managers are clearly not comfortable with “risk-on” assets like stock markets and debt-soaked fiat currencies.
- Unlike the Fed in America, the European central bank (ECB) has no European Treasury to back it in a crisis situation. That’s an upside price driver of gold of potentially gargantuan size, and the Brexit has magnified the dangers of an ECB collapse. For GDX, the $25 to $20 area is a key buying area during any pullback, and I invite the entire Western gold community to join me in that key accumulation zone, if it happens!
Jun 28, 2016
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 20th Jun 2017
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send yyou my “Taking Control Of Gold Stocks” free report. Some gold stocks have outperformed benchmarks like GDXJ while others have floundered. I highlight ten key GDXJ stocks and show investors how to operate with a feeling of total control in current and future price zones for each stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: