Brexit To Fuel Gold Stock PerformanceStewart Thomson
June 14, 2016
- All institutional eyes are on the Brexit vote. In the short term, it’s the main driver of gold price discovery.
- Please click here now. In the big picture, a “Stay” vote is mildly positive for the gold price, because England will want special privileges with its EU membership. That means other EU member countries will soon demand special privileges, too.
- A “Leave” vote is even more positive for the gold price, and if it’s followed by a rate hike from Janet Yellen in July, global stock markets could begin a horrific down cycle.
- Please click here now. Gold is very sensitive to the price action of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen.
- Japan is the world’s largest creditor nation, and America is the world’s largest debtor nation. The Brexit turmoil is causing Japanese citizens and institutions to repatriate money from abroad. That puts heavy downwards pressure on the US dollar.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. This hourly bars chart of the dollar versus the yen looks like a train wreck chart.
- When the world’s largest creditor class goes into “risk-off” mode, powerful institutional money managers buy gold aggressively.
- Please click here now. I’ve suggested that the SPDR fund (GLD-NYSE) could hit 900 tons in June, and as of this morning, it’s already at 896!
- During the “QE heydays” of 2009 – 2011, highly levered hedge funds were aggressive SPDR fund buyers. Sadly, that leverage meant they couldn’t hold their positions when the price dipped.
- Now, a lot of unleveraged private banks and value-oriented institutions are the buyers. They won’t be shaken from their positions, and they are buying gold consistently.
- In contrast to gold, the US stock market has substantial headwinds facing it. Value players don’t want anything to do with that market.
- With QE finished, and a July rate hike looking imminent, the US stock market is looking very vulnerable.
- Please click here now . Double-click to enlarge this hourly bars chart of the Dow. It looks very toppy. For another look at that chart, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge.
- There’s a big head and shoulders top forming.
- The May unemployment report was truly abysmal, and the US business up cycle is about eight years old. It’s either ended, or close to ending.
- Statements from Janet Yellen that the economy looks good are simply not enough to allay concerns from American money managers and creditors in Japan, about the inherent dangers in the US stock market.
- A rate hike that follows Brexit turmoil could put the Dow into crash mode, and send gold straight towards $1400.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily gold chart.
- In the short term, my 14,7,7 series Stochastics oscillator suggests gold is now a bit overbought, but any weakness should be seen as a buying opportunity.
- Gold has a solid floor of bullish fundamentals underneath it now. That means the downside is very limited, but it’s difficult for Western money managers to overwhelm supply when India is in quiet mode, as it is now.
- So, it’s important that gold market investors exhibit patience. Gold has really been trading sideways from mid-February, in a loose rectangular price pattern. Chinese New Year buying ended in February, and India is still one to two months away from serious Diwali-related dealer buying.
- The bottom line is that as Asian physical demand strengthens, Western money manager buying will push total global demand above total supply, and the next major leg higher for gold will be underway!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. That’s the GDX hourly bars chart. Some analysts think that gold stocks have come “too far, too fast”, and perhaps bullion will outperform the gold stocks now.
- I beg to differ. If gold can make it to the $1400 area, the profits made by gold companies can increase dramatically, and that would unleash a fresh round of powerful institutional buying. Gold stocks should not only continue to lead bullion in the second half of 2016, but they appear poised to increase that outperformance!
Jun 14, 2016
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 22nd Oct 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “GDXJ Gets Jacked!” report. I highlight the six hottest GDXJ component stocks to buy, for a run into projected March 2020 highs! I include tactics for both short-term and long-term investors.
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: