Northern Star: The Gold Stocks Beacon Stewart Thomson
Jun 12, 2018
- A negative divergence between gold and silver occurred in May 2011. Now, the opposite situation is in play; a positive divergence is occurring.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily gold chart.
- Gold made a minor trend low at the start of May, and another one a few weeks later.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Silver also made a minor trend low in early May, but then diverged with gold. Silver began making a series of higher highs and higher lows.
- It’s true that intermediate trend rallies in precious metals tend to end with silver outperforming gold, but it’s also true that major trending moves tend to begin with the type of divergence that is happening now.
- Inflationary pressures are building around the world. Please click here now. This type of situation is likely to be resolved not with lower fuel costs, but with higher wages.
- Wage pressures are growing everywhere. Silver is like a blood hound, sniffing the catalysts of inflation before they move the prices of almost everything significantly higher.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this sugar chart. It looks very similar to silver.
- Please click here now. When inflation began to show signs of appearing in the mid 1960s, sugar began to rise. It spiked dramatically in the early 1970s.
- The rise in Chinese and Indian wages is the biggest inflationary catalyst in the world. It’s relentless and powered by a population of three billion people.
- There are about eight times as many people in China and India as there are in the United States, and the GDP growth rates are vastly higher. India grows at 6% in a recession, while America grows at 3% in a boom. India is headed for 10% GDP growth, and wages and prices are going to rise in a similar way.
- The income growth coming out of China and India is an inflationary tidal wave and global tariffs simply add gasoline to the fire.
- What mainstream economists in the West don’t seem to understand is that US interest rates are far below rates in China and India.
Powell’s rate hikes create short term turmoil in emerging markets, but that’s just short-term noise in a big inflationary picture.
- The United States needs vastly higher interest rates to stop the Chindian tidal wave and that is not going to be happening.
- One of my subscribers notes that in Japan there are now more adult diapers sold than baby diapers. I expect the same thing to happen in America fairly quickly. By demographics definition, the US population is not ready for the inflationary freight train that is coming, and cannot get ready.
- Please click here now. Sanctions are deflationary. Military spending is deflationary because it doesn’t boost money velocity the way money moving around in the global economy does. Peace in Korea will reduce military spending and the money will be used elsewhere.
- North Korea is a small country, but Trump has already stated he wants Russia back in the G8. An end to sanctions in North Korea opens the door to ending them against Russia, and that opens the door to ending them against Iran.
- The bottom line is that everything that is happening in the world right now, and I mean everything… is significant fuel for higher inflation that modest rate hikes in America are powerless to stop.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this Northern Star chart. For many years I’ve urged gold stock investors to get involved with the stocks in my vital “Thunder Down Under” Australian gold stocks portfolio.
- Most of them are trading well above their 2016 highs, and many are above their 2011 highs. Investors who listened and took action have greatly prospered.
- The good news: The gold bull era that is being created by income growth in China and India is going to make most of the precious metal mining stocks that trade on North American stock exchanges look just like Northern Star.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The overall technical picture for GDX and North American miners continues to get more positive by the day.
- The entire $23 - $18 price range is a buy zone that will likely be looked back on as one of the greatest buying opportunities in the history of financial markets.
- Regardless of the upside potential for inflation-oriented investments, gold and silver stock investors should be totally comfortable with the current price action. A Chindian income growth wind is gently blowing the sails of the Western gold community’s boats. Enjoy the breeze, because it’s not going away!
Jun 12, 2018
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 16th Apr 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “The Golden Mix!” report. I highlight key gold and silver stocks to trade and accumulate in the gold demand soft season, with tactical action points for stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: