Gold's Gentle Price CorrectionStewart Thomson
May 24, 2016
- From a technical, fundamental, and seasonal perspective, the current gold price correction is exactly what “the golden doctor has ordered”.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this beautiful gold daily chart.
- Note the position of the Stochastics oscillator at the bottom of the chart. It’s nearing oversold territory, as the gold price meanders calmly down towards key support that begins near $1225.
- The decline is not violent. It’s orderly and calm. I would call the price action idyllic.
- To understand why the correction is so mellow, please click here now. The SPDR fund (GLD-NYSE) tonnage rose again yesterday, to yet another multi-year high!
- The price correction is being met with consistent institutional buying. I’ve predicted that gold will transition into an accepted asset for mainstream money managers.
- That will reduce volatility for investors, and an atmosphere of confidence and happiness will quickly permeate most of the Western gold community.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this monthly gold chart. As gold declined towards the key $1228 - $1045 support zone in 2013, I labelled that zone as a massive buying area for gold investors.
- Gold spent about two and a half years in that price area, and then it charged up towards the first key resistance at $1307 - $1320.
- From a purely technical perspective, a pullback towards the $1228 support zone is absolutely healthy and expected at this point in time.
- The SPDR fund tonnage would not be rising, and the price action would not be as gentle as it is, if major institutions were sellers now. They are buyers, and as the price drifts towards the $1228 area, I expect them to continue to buy, and so I expect the price action to continue to be calm and orderly.
- Commerzbank reports that ETF holdings rose 19 of the past 20 days, and are up almost 90 tons just since the start of May.
- Essentially, the orderly gold price decline is being created by a combination of soft demand in India versus strong Western buying.
- Once the monsoon season arrives in India (in about a month), I expect the gold price to begin rising again, as buyers there return to the market with size that is large enough to send shock waves throughout the Western gold community.
- Please click here now. As robots replace human workers, governments are beginning to study the merits of a basic income for their citizens.
- Many citizens are also clearly advocating the idea, and the idea is likely to involve a fair amount of money printing. That’s good news for gold.
- It’s still early in the “basic income” game, but I’ve predicted that the failure of QE to stimulate inflation will bring government orchestrated wage inflation and moderate gold revaluation.
- Please click here now. I’ve also argued that traditional central bank policy can’t work with the current levels of government size and debt.
- The influential Barron’s business newspaper suggests that the Indian government may be looking to load the country’s central bank with money printers. If that happens, I expect Indian citizen gold demand to essentially do a “moon shot”.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX weekly chart. The price action during this gold stock correction is as orderly as the bullion correction, and that’s very positive.
- A light pullback is in play from the $27 area resistance zone. The uptrend line has been penetrated, but there hasn’t been any violent price action on the downside.
- It’s important to remember that the gold sector rally caught most analysts in the gold community by surprise. The buying has come from very strong hands. That means they will engage in only light profit booking rallies, and buy aggressively on pullbacks.
- For GDX, I’m predicting that enormous institutional buying will appear in the $20 area.
- In the big picture, more governments are trying to turn their central banks into ATM machines. There are forecasts for bumper crops in India, due to a great monsoon season. Relentless institutional buying of gold stocks and bullion is in play. This price correction should be viewed as a spectacular buying opportunity!
May 24, 2016
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 26th May 2020
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my “ETFs Versus Individual Miners!” free report. I highlight the unique risks and rewards associated with key individual miners and ETFs, so investors can decide whether to own the miners, the ETFS, or both! I include buy/sell points of action for each item.
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: