Gold's Relentless Rally AcceleratesStewart Thomson
Apr 19, 2016
- Gold continues to astound most analysts, as it moves relentlessly higher. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily gold chart.
- The triangle pattern in bullish play is perhaps best described as an “Ode To Awesomeness”. Note the inverse head and shoulders bottom pattern that has appeared. That should help drive the price up and out of the triangle pattern, to my $1305 target area.
- It feels like the bullion banks barely finish settling one price manipulation lawsuit, and then another begins. Please click here now. Scotiabank, which is also facing lawsuits for price manipulation in the United States, is now facing a massive class action lawsuit in Canada.
- Please click here now. While the bullion banks of the West are facing a barrage of lawsuits, China has launched the SGE gold price fix system, and the launch may be part of the reason gold is moving strongly higher this morning.
- Please click here now. Although the trading departments of many banks are facing lawsuits for manipulation, many bank analysts are doing superb research, and Joni Teves at UBS is one of them.
- The UBS Global Macro department research team can move significant institutional liquidity flows with its reports, and Joni is clearly very positive about gold right now.
- Please click here now. Not to be outdone, technical analysts at HSBC have set a $1500 target for gold!
- In late 2015, the price of sugar began to rise. I’ve noted that significant rallies in sugar tend to lead quite dramatic rallies in silver.
- Sugar has started to rally again. Is silver poised to follow, and launch a “barnburner” type of upside rally? For the possible answer to that question, please click here now. Double click to enlarge. This daily chart of silver looks spectacular!
- The breakout this morning is likely SGE-related, and there’s an outside possibility that Scotiabank is winding down some short silver trades, to do in-house window dressing for the lawsuit.
- Regardless, I think the entire Western silver community deserves a real “Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!” moment in time. That time is likely here! From a technical standpoint, silver is staging a significant breakout from a large inverse head and shoulders bottom formation.
- Over the years, I’ve argued emphatically that the entire Western gold and silver community should generally avoid the action of “chasing price”, but if ever there was a time to do so, it’s right now.
- With the “blastoff” action in play in the silver market this morning, momentum enthusiasts should be ready to buy the breakout right now.
- I have a short-term target of $18, and if China’s soft landing morphs into the soft upside takeoff that I’m projecting, silver could move towards $25 and gold towards $1500.
- I will note that bank and IMF economists are already revising their GDP numbers for China to the upside, and rightly so.
- Please click here now. Commodity trading is surging in China again.
- The jeweller strike is over in India, and the Akshaya Tritiya festival is approaching. Indian buying may also be a factor in this morning’s price action.
- That’s not really important. What’s very important is the approach of a good monsoon season, against the background of real world-leading GDP growth.
- Gold demand in India is set for a significant long-term rise, and with each day that passes, the SGE in China is going to work tirelessly to make price discovery better reflect real physical demand versus real physical supply. It’s not an event. It’s a process, and a very positive one for the long-term price of gold!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this dollar versus yen daily chart.. The main reason I sold a third of my physical silver for gold in 2011 was the “risk-on” signal being flashed by the US dollar against the yen.
- I bought that silver back in 2014, as the dollar began to peak against the yen, flashing a significant “risk-off” signal for the world. As one example, the US stock market rose strongly in the 2011 – 2014, and has since acted more like a wet noodle. The risk of an American stock market crash is now quite high.
- I think the USD-yen relationship is on the verge of changing, because the fundamentals of the relationship are changing. The Abe/Kuroda team in Japan seem obsessed with managing a government debt crisis by raising taxes, buying stock market ETFs with more printed money, and perhaps reneging on principal payments to bondholders, after taking interest rates into negative territory.
- The citizens of Japan are the world’s largest creditors, but their government is one of the world’s largest debtors. The debtors refuse to reduce debt and are engaging in reckless fiscal policy. This may be creating a situation where the next major rally in the dollar against the yen is not a risk-on signal for global stock markets, but a buy signal for gold!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this fabulous GDX daily chart. Gold stock enthusiasts should watch the $23 area closely. GDX is rising up from a bull flag pattern. If it moves above $23, the door is technically open, for a surge to my $28 -$30 target!
Apr 19, 2016
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 15th Oct 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “GOAU Components Action!” report. I highlight the outperformers in the GOAU ETF, with key zones of action for each mighty stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: