Four Golden HSR Kisses
Apr 16, 2013
- On Friday and Monday, there was gargantuan volume in the gold market. On the comex, more than a million contracts changed hands over those two trading days.
- Please click here now . That’s a snapshot of Monday’s volume, just in the June contract. The total was more than 700,000 contracts.
- There are rumours that Spain and Portugal were dumping gold, raising cash to meet IMF & ECB austerity demands. A lot of selling probably also came from large hedge and pension funds.
- Some gold analysts blame the media for creating this tidal wave of selling, but most bank analysts had already turned negative, several weeks ago.
- Large funds and sovereign nations don’t sell their positions because a journalist on CNBC says, “the price might fall down”.
- They sell after doing serious conference calls with major bank analysts, or after getting huge margin calls from prime brokers at those banks.
- Who was on the other side of this “tidal wave” trade? It’s likely that this Friday’s COT report will show that commercial (bank) traders did most of the buying. It’s quite possible that by the close of Monday’s trading, they were holding a net long position, for both gold and silver.
- Hopefully, some members of the global gold community were able to do some buying, too. My main motto is, “always trade smaller than you ‘know’ is rational”, because of the nature of the market.
- If you apply that mantra to gold, silver, and related items, you were probably a modest buyer yesterday, as I was.
- Most analysts operate from a foundation of price and time targets. Instead, I suggest you operate from a foundation of price zones that define where I buy or sell. I have very little idea if the price is actually going to those zones, but I know precisely what I will do if it does.
- I’m very interested in gold as an “end”, not a “means”. What I mean is that I view gold as an asset, so the goal of holding it is quite simply to get more ounces of it. Most investors take the opposite view. They use gold as a tool to try to make “dollars of wealth”. That should be an important goal, but not the only one.
- Some investors approach gold with the idea that fiat currency is inherently bad, so gold must be held for protection. That’s a valid reason to own gold, but it still doesn’t quite get at the heart of the “wealth building matter”.
- There are a lot of good reasons to own gold, but the simple fact is that gold is wealth itself, so it should be accumulated at key price sale points.
- I’d like you to stand back from all the drama surrounding gold right now. Keep an open mind, because almost every analyst in the world is telling you that gold is going lower now, and that may or may not be true.
- I get up a lot earlier than most analysts do, so I’ll dare to suggest that the early bird often does get the (metallic) worm.
- To view one such worm, please click here now . That’s the 5 minute bars chart, for silver. The landscape has changed dramatically, since yesterday afternoon. The price is now rising, and there’s a breakout from a bullish wedge pattern in play.
- There’s also an inverse head and shoulders pattern on that chart, featuring many shoulders, which is quite bullish.
- Trees grow from a seed, and so do primary moves in the market. You are looking at a bullish silver seed. Only time will tell if this seed produces a huge tree, but denying the reality of this seed is silly.
- Please click here now . That’s the monthly chart for gold. The price areas where I promise to be a substantial buyer of gold and related items, are highlighted in blue on that chart.
- When gold was trading at $1923, the four key price areas to buy gold were $1577, $1432, $1266, and $1033. Those were the prices then, and they are the same now.
- I call them HSR zones (horizontal support & resistance). They are vastly more important than cycles, trend lines, Fibonacci retracement numbers, volume patterns, and oscillators.
- In the gold market, HSR on the monthly chart is the holy grail of wealth building.
- Quite frankly, if you want to come out of the financial closet, and admit you sometimes kiss your gold, those are the only 4 price points to prove your love. Four golden kisses is all that “Queen Gold” will allow you to give her, on the huge monthly chart price grid. Think about that.
- Yesterday, gold traded at one of those key “kiss points”, $1432, and it’s trading under that price now. I dare everyone in the gold community to come out of the closet, and give your gold a small “$1432 buy kiss”. The “banksters” might have a cartel. The gold community has a kissing contest. Love always did beat war, but does any gold investor really understand?
Apr 16, 2013
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 15th Oct 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “GOAU Components Action!” report. I highlight the outperformers in the GOAU ETF, with key zones of action for each mighty stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: