Gold Price Rally Acceleration In Play Stewart Thomson
Mar 28, 2017
- I’ve referred to the price action of gold in 2017 as the “Uptrend of Champions”.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge.
- A short term pause here in the $1255 - $1270 area is likely. A pullback would only add to the already-positive look of the chart, and open the door for a powerful rally to $1315.
- To understand why a pullback would only add to the solid technical set-up, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge.
- A pullback from the current price area would create a nice inverse bull head and shoulders continuation pattern within the uptrend channel. That pattern would mathematically target the $1343 area highs where gold traded on the night of Donald Trump’s election.
- The Western gold community’s initial celebration of the “Golden Trumpster” that evening was turned into a gold price nightmare by the horrific demonetization announcement in India.
- The good news: With bank restrictions gone, Indians are now free to withdraw unlimited amounts of cash. Most of the world top bank FOREX traders are very negative on the dollar versus the yen, euro, and the franc. The bottom line is that gold is now ready to retake all the ground it lost from the $1343 area highs.
- I’ve suggested that the world is on the cusp of a Chindia-oriented “gold bull era”, but initially themed more on a period of dollar devaluation in America. That’s because there is no solution to the Western world’s debt problems other than default or dollar devaluation against gold.
- China’s government has serious debt, but there are still about 300 million rural citizens poised to enter the urban workforce. China’s citizens are maniacal savers, and the country can grow its way out of its debt problems, much like America did in the 1950s.
- Unfortunately, the America of today (and most of the Western world) is demographically the opposite of what it was in the 1950’s. There will be no growing out of debt for Western governments or citizens.
- There will only be fiat devaluation and a very long term decline in the standard of living of the citizens.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Oil is beginning to look interesting at the current support zone.
- Oil stocks may comprise more than 20% of Russian and Chinese stock markets. That’s a high number compared to other big markets. A more positive outlook for the price of oil could usher in substantial institutional investment in the stock markets of both Russia and China.
- Please click here now . Double-click to enlarge this quarterly bars long term oil chart.
- Note the 14,5,5 Stochastics series oscillator at the bottom of the chart. It’s massively oversold, and now flashing a huge crossover buy signal. There’s also a loose inverse H&S bottom pattern in play. That pattern tends to signal that a major price advance is imminent.
- Oil is by far the biggest component in most commodity indexes, and institutional money managers tend to buy gold when those indexes rise. That’s partly because gold is also a commodity index component, but mainly because they view gold as the ultimate currency hedge against inflation.
- A major rally in oil would be extremely good news for gold and silver investors around the world.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Janet Yellen has (so far) been successful in raising short term rates while keeping long term rates in check.
- This T-bond chart suggests bonds could pause, and then stage an upside breakout. That fits with the inverse H&S bull continuation pattern scenario I’ve laid out on the gold chart.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this spectacular chart of the euro versus the US dollar. Gold has quite a lot of positive price drivers right now, and the euro is one of the bigger ones. A major upside breakout has either just occurred, or is imminent.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this silver stocks ETF chart. The only thing that gold stock price enthusiasts have to “fear”… is that silver stocks may perform even better than gold stocks.
- My suggestion: Own both silver and gold stocks. All investor eyes should be on the $36.74 price marker for SIL. Today is options expiry day for COMEX gold and silver options, and an upside breakout for SIL is likely to follow that expiration.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX chart. Note the immense bullish volume bar that occurred as the Fed hiked rates, creating a dramatic rally in most gold stocks. GDX is nicely poised in a rectangle formation now, ready to begin a fresh surge higher.
- Because of the fabulous technical, cyclical, and fundamentals in the precious metals sector, investors can expect solid gains over the next 36 months, with most stocks and bullion likely to move to all-time highs. Quite simply, from both a real risk and potential reward perspective, it’s the greatest time in history to own the entire precious metals sector!
Mar 28, 2017
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 22nd Aug 2017
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “Silver Stocks Rock!” report. I highlight ten silver stocks poised to outperform gold stocks over the next six months, with key buy and profit booking strategies for each stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: