Buy Bank, Gold, & Silver Stocks Now Stewart Thomson
Mar 27, 2018
- I’ve predicted that in 2018 the US stock market would suffer a series of crashes somewhat akin to the 1987 event, but smaller in size.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this interesting chart of the US stock market. Clearly, these mini-crashes are starting to happen.
- Having said that, I haven’t sold any of my US bank stocks and I have no plans to do so.
- To understand why I’m still “long and strong” the bank stocks in this environment, please click here now. Bank profits are soaring because of tax cuts, QT, and rate hikes.
- Corporate boards are still using the bulk of the profits for stock buybacks and bonuses for the “fat cats”, while throwing crumbs to the lower-paid workers.
- As disgusting as that is, it’s a good environment to own stock market indexes, and a great environment to own bank stocks.
- This is the stage of the business cycle where “big growth” transitions to “decent growth with inflation”. Simply put, in this environment bank stocks do well, growth stocks stumble, and gold stocks start to get modest liquidity flows from institutions.
- As the cycle moves to “inflation with low growth”, growth stocks crash, bank stocks fade, and gold stocks soar.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this key T-bond chart. US interest rates are rising now and poised to rise relentlessly for the next several years.
- There are “institutional thresholds” of importance in major markets. For the US stock market, institutions will generally continue to buy stocks until the ten-year yield reaches the 4%-5% range.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge.
- Goldman is predicting four rate hikes this year and I’m predicting a minimum of three. The yield should get close to 4% by the end of this year.
- I realise that most gold bugs are “stock market crash enthusiasts”. There’s no question that the US stock market has soared mainly because the “hot air” of QE and low rates has incentivized corporate boards to focus on stock market buybacks rather than worker wages and business expansion.
- Having said that, patience is required. Investors need to focus on the slow but steady cyclical transition from growth to inflation as the Fed pushes the enormous QE money ball out of government bonds and into the fractional reserve banking system.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this fabulous daily gold chart. The rectangle pattern is flag-like, and suggests gold is coiling to burst above my key $1370 resistance zone.
- Short term traders who took my recommendation to buy the $1310 area should be sellers in this $1340-$1355 area. That’s because there could be quite a bit more coiling action before a true breakout above $1370 occurs. The bottom line is that investors need to be patient and traders need to book profits now!
- Looking at the big picture, the inflation trade is clearly becoming more positive for gold every day. The Trump decision to appoint John “The Hawk” Bolton to a key post in his administration makes the geopolitical trade for gold a positive one as well.
- What about the love trade? Well, please click here now. The 2019 Indian elections are approaching and the Modi government is likely to win again.
- Modi is backed with “monster money” and to ensure he wins again he’s launching a huge farm income program called MSP. This program is inflationary because it boosts crop prices. That alone is positive for the global price of gold.
- The MSP program also is poised to create a massive boost in farmer income, and rural Indians always use extra income to buy more gold. Please click here now. This MSP policy launch is happening at the same time as the influential Niti Aayog panel pushes the Modi government to implement a massive gold-positive policy agenda.
- I’ve been adamant that 2018 would see the absolute end of gold-negative policy from the Modi government, and the launch of positive policy. That’s clearly in play, and it’s going to exponentially accelerate relentlessly.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX chart. The technical action is superb, and investors should now be buyers of their favourite GDX and GDXJ component stocks on all two and three-day pullbacks.
- Please click here now. Double click to enlarge. With food inflation set to surge in India and general wage and price inflation on the move in America, it’s time for investors to take a more serious interest in silver stocks. The big upside action won’t start until there’s a volume-based breakout from the bull wedge pattern on this silver stocks ETF chart.
- Call option buyers should wait for that breakout before buying, but all silver stock enthusiasts should be buyers of key SIL component stocks right now. Use two and three-day pull backs to take buy-side action, in preparation for the imminent upside rocket ride!
Mar 27, 2018
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 19th Sep 2019
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “Junior Jewels!” report. After a big rally in the price of gold bullion, many junior miners often continue to move higher. I highlight six of the great ones in this report, with key points of action for each stock!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: