Gold Prices For Action: $1880 & $1808 Stewart Thomson
Jan 31, 2023
- Gold is often soft on Tuesday and… today is Tuesday.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this short-term gold chart. The uptrend line is being tested today, which is not a surprise.
- In just a few months, gold surged from about $1610 to $1950! I’ve urged investors to sell into this massive rally.
- For a look at the daily chart, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The $1880 is a key buy zone for gamblers/traders, and $1808 is for investors.
- Demand in India has dropped to negligible tonnage, but citizens there are enjoying the additional wealth that the rally has created for them.
- When Indian demand dries up, it’s almost always a good time for Western mining stock investors to book some juicy profits.
- What about the COT report? Please click here now. Modest commercial short positions are being added, but some longs too. There’s nothing in the COT report that should trigger significant investor concern.
- The Fed rates decision is tomorrow, and gold often declines around any Fed meeting, regardless of whether it’s perceived to be positive or negative for gold.
- A Fed-oriented dip from $1950 to $1880 is normal and expected after a $340/oz rally.
- What about $1808? Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold has been in near-perfect sync with the Chinese stock market from the lows. A reaction is underway now for the FXI.
- Most of the good news about the Chinese government Corona crisis pivot is already priced into the FXI. Chinese citizens buy gold to celebrate good economic news, but if their stock market is in correction mode, the mood sours.
- The good news is the reaction could become the right shoulder of a large inverse H&S pattern… and that would be great news for gold!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily oil price chart. As expected, the price action after the bull wedge “breakout” has been anemic. The bottom line:
- Gold can rally in a falling rates/deflationary environment, and it’s one of the reasons that gold is the ultimate all-weather asset and currency.
- Having said that, to consistently attract Western mainstream money managers and retail investors to gold, inflation, war, and other fear-oriented themes need to be in play.
- With natural gas, oil, and gasoline languishing, fears of inflation are quickly diminishing.
- I cover the big picture and hardcore gold stock tactics 5-6 times a week in my flagship Galactic Updates newsletter. Investors feel the $199/yr price is too low, but I try go the extra mile so I’m offering a $179/15mths special offer this week that investors can use to get in on the action. Click this link to get the offer or send me an email and I’ll get you a payment link. Thanks!
- Western governments have numbed their citizens to the horrors of the Ukraine war and turned many of them into cheerleaders for more wars (so long as they don’t have to fight in the wars themselves).
- War worshippers aren’t afraid, so they don’t buy gold. Instead, they buy the stock market, and on that note…
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The Dow is not in a big investor greed zone where there is often a rise in inflation. It’s not in a big fear zone where the Fed could turn dovish.
- It’s in an area that is neutral for the price of gold.
- Tactics for mining stock investors? Well, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX versus gold chart. Since 2013, the miners have been in a huge base pattern. A breakout doesn’t appear to be imminent, but the maturity of the pattern suggests it could happen by Q3 or Q4 this year.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. This GDXJ daily chart has a massive C&H (cup and handle) pattern forming. A pullback now would create symmetry in the pattern, if it ends at $34-$35.
- The C&H target is $70-$80. If the Fed’s actions and statements tomorrow are negative for gold, my $1808 buy zone becomes likely to happen. If the Fed is “more dovish than expected”, and Euro growth continues to strengthen (boosting the euro vs USD), then $1880 may be as deep as this gold price reaction goes!
Jan 31, 2023
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 21st Mar 2023
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “CDNX versus GDXJ!” report. I highlight key technical action for both, and include buy and sell tactics for the hottest component stocks!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: