Gold & Trump: A New Bull Cycle?
- Gold, silver, and the miners are off to a rough 2024 start, but could that be about to change? The answer is: Yes.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. I outlined $2010 in the cash market as the price for aggressive buyers to focus on.
- So far, the buy looks good.
- For another look at the daily chart, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. This is a futures chart, with my key 14,7,7 series Stochastics oscillator highlighted. Note the buy signal coming into play in the oversold zone.
- Next, please click here now. Nobody needs to be a Trump worshipper to be horrified by the hideous ramp-up in US government debt and murderous wars that have occurred with Biden as president.
- Ukraine is a wasteland, Gaza is worse, and here’s the bottom line: Americans like winners as much as they like apple pie… and it’s obvious that Biden is a loser.
- What would Trump mean for the stock market and gold?
- Please click here now. Barron’s writer Al Root notes that the “Magnificent Seven” stocks account for a staggering 65% of the SP500’s performance. He also is aware of “PEG” ratios.
- I’ve cautioned gold bugs who like shorting the US stock market to be aware of the huge hedge fund focus on the “Mag 7” PEG ratios. The PEG ratio is a company’s price to earnings ratio divided by its earnings growth.
- By the traditional PE ratio measure, the US stock market is wildly overvalued, but, as in the years 1999-2001, it’s not until earnings growth collapses that the PEG ratio surges and hedge funds bail.
- Trump is unlikely to do much more with tax cuts. He will be more responsible with issuing new debt than war worshipper Biden has been, but he loves tariff taxes. Tariff taxes are inflationary, negative for the dollar, and good for gold!
- Earnings growth (the key catalyst for the PEG ratio in an overbought market) is likely to continue its slow death march towards the abyss, but my suggestion (for now) is for most investors to focus on big stock market price sales to buy, rather than shorting the market.
- The US stock market needs an earning growth collapse catalyst before it can crash, and Trump is not likely to be that catalyst.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The stock market is in a sell zone, but it’s a profit booking zone more than a top call zone… until the PEG ratios begin to surge.
- A daily focus on the big picture is critical for investors as inflation, recession, the 2021-2025 war cycle, a wildly overvalued stock market, debt ceiling horror, and empire transition dominate the investing landscape. I cover this big picture 5-6 times a week in my flagship Galactic Updates newsletter. At $199/year, investors feel the price is too low, but I’m offering a $179/15mths “special offer” that investors can use to get in on the winning action and meticulous analysis. Click this link to get the offer or send me an email and I’ll get you a payment link. Thanks!
- What about Trump and ultimate money gold? Well, this is where it gets interesting. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Here’s a look at the miners (basis GDX) from January 2016 to August of that year.
- After a rough start in January, GDX almost tripled in just 8 months! Note that the low was around January 20.
- Next, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Here’s a look at the GDX action in the election year of 2020, also from January to August.
- The Corona crisis created an aberration, but there was also a huge rally into August.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this third “Trump And GDX” chart. Note the fantastic action of the 14,7,7 series Stochastics oscillator.
- There’s also a slight bull non-confirmation of RSI with the price.
- Sometimes history rhymes, sometimes it repeats exactly, and sometimes what happens is something completely different from what happened in the past.
- What can be said about the current situation is that $2010 is a buy zone, albeit for aggressive players (gamblers). What can also be said is that gold, silver, and the miners have often rallied from January to August during US election years.
- It’s clear that there may be both a loose four-year cycle and an eight-year cycle for the metals market. It’s also clear that republican administrations have a general tendency to be negative for the dollar… and it’s looking like one will be elected this year. Gold stocks may or may not be bottoming in line with the Jan 20 area bottom that occurred 8 years ago in 2016. They may or may not have a swoon into March like they did 4 years ago in 2020… but what can be said is that numerous cycles are converging, and they all suggest that by August… the price of gold, silver, and GDX will be significantly higher than it is right now!
Jan 23, 2024
email for questions: email@example.com
email to request the free reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday 27th Feb 2024
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to email@example.com and I'll send you my free “CDNX: Golden Leaders Of The Pack!” report. The CDNX charts look even better than GDX and GDXJ. I highlight why that is and cover some of the hottest junior miners to buy right now. Money making tactics for investors are included in the report!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: