Tactics For a Golden Year
Jan 9, 2024
- From a liquidity flows perspective, this year is off to a fabulous start for gold bugs of the world.
- For a detailed look at the situation, please click here now. Back in 2015, I received many emails of concern from amateur precious metals investors. What was the concern?
- The concern was that analysts and hedge funds were betting gold would fall below $1000/oz. In contrast, I noted the tiny hedge fund exposure to commodities and issued a number of buy alerts for gold, silver, and an array of miners. What happened next?
- Most miners promptly surged 100%-300% higher!
- Today, the situation is like 2015; after charging into gold and commodities around the 2020 high, hedge funds have steadily reduced their positions.
- I’m also getting fresh “oil could fall” and “gold could fall” emails of concern from amateur investors. This tends to happen right before there are rocket launches for commodities and gold!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this long-term US stock market chart. The Stochastics oscillator is massively overbought and RSI is above the 70 level.
- Also, the first week of trading for the US stock market was negative. That’s usually a sign that the entire year will not be good.
- Tactics? My rough rule of thumb is that there should be a 20% price sale in play for the Dow before investors consider allocating capital into the US stock market. Currently, I would not be willing to buy US stocks unless there’s at least a 10,000 point drop in the Dow.
- What about gold? Well, gold is not a hot stock for investors to flip for fiat profits. It’s not a business deal either, but it is the ultimate currency.
- On that note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold is the ultimate cash. Fiat is the money of debtors and war worshippers. It’s an inferior product, and arguably an evil one too.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. On the weekly chart, gold is consolidating a breakout over the key round number of $2000 and is now poised for a surge above the $2080 highs.
- While the stock market looks set to tumble like it did in 1966 and 1929, gold looks ready to rally into the summer… just like it did in 2016. There might be another week or so of consolidation, but after that it’s likely “space helmets on” time for the metals and mines!
- A daily focus on the big picture is critical for investors as inflation, recession, the 2021-2025 war cycle, a wildly overvalued stock market, debt ceiling horror, and empire transition dominate the investing landscape. I cover this big picture 5-6 times a week in my flagship Galactic Updates newsletter. At $199/year, investors feel the price is too low, but I’m offering a $179/15mths “special offer” that investors can use to get in on the winning action and meticulous analysis. Click this link to get the offer or send me an email and I’ll get you a payment link. Thanks!
- I’ve suggested that stock market investors should look for 20% price sales in the Dow before buying… but what about gold?
- Well, because gold is a currency (and the best one), it can be bought more often than the stock market. A good rule of thumb for gold is that 5% price sales (about $100/oz) are to be bought.
- What about the sell side? Gold can be exchanged for land but not much else. Gold is the ultimate currency and land is the ultimate asset. It’s that simple. Fiat schemes (buying the stock market, oil, crypto, miners, etc) should be used to get more fiat, and then that fiat should be parlayed into land and gold.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily gold chart. There’s no guarantee that gold goes to a particular buy zone but…
- The $1975 and $1920 zones are key lows and meet the minimum 5% price sale requirement.
- Is it likely to happen in the current situation? For some insight into the matter, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The DXY (dollar index) 100 zone is in sync with $2080 for gold. It shows some decent inverse H&S action, and if the pattern plays out, investors could get a chance to buy gold at $1975.
- I’m an aggressive buyer of gold, silver, and mining stocks at $1975, $1930, and $1810. At all these prices, I would expect significant Asian physical market demand to also come into play.
- That demand tends to trigger aggressive commercial trader buying on the COMEX and LBMA, which are arguably the two main gold price discovery markets of the world.
- What about sentiment for the miners? Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this BPGDM sentiment chart. Gold stocks are not in the sub 30 buy zone and not above 70 in the sell zone. It’s a time for investors to sit tight and function more as spectator than player in the gold stocks game.
- For a look at the GDX chart, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily chart. As expected, most senior miners paused at the $2080 zone for gold and $33 for GDX. The miners are working off a short-term overbought technical situation and getting ready to rally for most of what should be… a very golden year!
Jan 9, 2024
email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
email to request the free reports: email@example.com
|Tuesday 27th Feb 2024
Special Offer for 321Gold readers: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my free “CDNX: Golden Leaders Of The Pack!” report. The CDNX charts look even better than GDX and GDXJ. I highlight why that is and cover some of the hottest junior miners to buy right now. Money making tactics for investors are included in the report!
Updates Subscription Service: Note we are privacy oriented. We accept cheques.
And credit cards thru PayPal only on our website. For your protection
we don't see your credit card information. Only PayPal
|Subscribe via major credit cards
- or make checks payable to: "Stewart Thomson" Mail
to: Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario
L6H 2M8 / Canada
is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland
Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am. The
newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered
point form; giving clarity to each point and saving valuable
Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided
by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes
only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative
that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced
and qualifed investment advisors and get numerous opinions before
taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the
world is 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking
or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not
know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly
concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products.
There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with
a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line: