Super Force Signals - A Leading Market Timing Service
We Take Every Trade Ourselves
China Teeters & Gold Pushes Higher
Weekly Market Update Excerpt
posted Jun 7, 2013
China FXI (Stock Market Proxy ETF) Chart
- China overtook America in 2010, and became the world’s largest manufacturing nation. This Chinese stock market chart could be called a thermometer of the health of global manufacturing.
- There is a head and shoulders top in play, which could be foreshadowing a global recession. While nothing is confirmed unless the neckline breaks (at about $34), investors should keep a close eye on it.
- A recession could prompt more monetary stimulus, and boost gold prices.
Dow Topping Process Chart
- It’s possible that the top pattern in place on the Chinese stock market is a leading indicator of what is coming to America. Note the enormous distribution volume occurring on this chart.
- In the short term, the slow Stokes and CCI suggest that the Dow could rally a bit, but I think that if the 50 day moving average breaks, a decline down to 14,400 is likely.
- From there, I’m projecting a rally to about 15,000, followed by a bigger drop to the 13,800 area.
Gold Channel Chart
- This weekly chart shows gold trading in a channel, and it is extremely oversold. Note the position of the RSI oscillator, at the top of the chart. It’s now in a rising trend above 30, after reaching the lowest point in the history of this chart.
- Even if the current rally failed, there’s good support between $1227 -$1260. I’ve highlighted that with a thick blue line.
- The position of the oscillators suggests that gold could rally to the red channel line, which currently sits at about $1580.
Gold Summer Rally Chart
- The road to $1580, if it happens at all, may not be a smooth ride. There is strong Fibonacci resistance at about $1503.
- I want to see two consecutive closes above $1421.60 before I’ll be confident that gold can get to $1503.
- The good news is that MACD and RSI indicators are both predicting higher prices.
- The low volume demonstrates a lack of confidence in any such rally, but this chart doesn’t show any of the substantial physical gold buying taking place in Asia.
GDX Power Volume Chart
- The bullish gap that occurred on strong volume about a week ago has not been filled, but GDX is struggling to trade above $30.50.
- Over the past two weeks, there has been good volume in the senior and intermediate gold stocks, and consistent rallies into the close. It’s always a positive to see closing numbers well off the lows for the day, creating long-tailed candlesticks on the chart.
- Obviously, I’d prefer to see gold stocks rally every day (!), but that’s not realistic. A pullback to the $28 area would fill the gap, and set up an inverse h & s bottom formation.
GDX Short Term Chart
- The short term technical picture is also improving. Note the inverse head and shoulders formation on this 60 minute chart. There’s also an irregular cup & handle pattern.
- This chart also clearly shows the price is hesitating in the $30.50 area.
- An upside breakout would occur at about $30.75, with a target of $35- $36.
GDXJ Trendline Breakout Chart
- Over the past week, the downchannel has been convincingly taken out, on pretty good volume.
- Volume has decreased over the past few days, while GDXJ has just drifted sideways, and that’s technically bullish.
- A summer rally could see GDXJ rise to about $16.
Silver COT Report Chart
- Based on this sentimentrader.com chart, commercial traders are now about as bullish as they were way back in the year 2001.
- The public is extremely bearish, and so are hedge funds.
- Silver is much more volatile than gold, so investors need to be comfortable with large drawdowns. I wouldn’t waste much time trying to call the exact bottom. I like buying modest amounts of silver on $5 drops, and storing it outside the banking system!
|Friday, Dec 13th 2019 Super Force Signals Unique Introduction For 321Gold Readers:
Send an email to email@example.com and I’ll send you my free “Candlesticks Of Thunder!” gold stocks video report. I’ll also include 3 of my next Super Force Surge Signals free of charge, as I send them to paid subscribers. Thank you!
Proprietary SURGE index SIGNALS:
Index Buy or 25 Surge Index Sell: Solid Power.
50 Surge Index Buy or 50 Surge Index Sell: Stronger Power.
75 Surge Index Buy or 75 Surge Index Sell: Maximum Power.
100 Surge Index Buy or 100 Surge Index Sell: "Over The Top"
Stay alert for our surge signals, sent by email to subscribers,
for both the daily charts on Super Force Signals at www.superforcesignals.com and for the 60 minute
charts at www.superforce60.com
Our Surge Index Signals are created thru our proprietary blend
of the highest quality technical analysis and many years of successful
business building. We are two business owners with excellent synergy.
We understand risk and reward. Our subscribers are generally successfully
business owners, people like yourself with speculative funds,
looking for serious management of your risk and reward in the
Executive Editor, Macro Risk Manager.
Morris Hubbartt: Chief Market Analyst, Trading Risk Specialist.
SFS Web Services
1170 Bay Street, Suite #143
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2B4
Jun 7, 2013